What to Put on the Back of Handmade Cards
When it comes to making handmade cards, the front design is often the main focus. However, it is also important to consider what to put on the back of the card. The back of a handmade card provides an opportunity to add important information or personal touches. Here are some ideas on what to include on the back of your handmade cards:
What Do You Put on the Back of Homemade Cards?
1. Your Name or Brand: Adding your name or brand on the back of the card is a great way to leave your mark and let the recipient know who made the card. It can also serve as a form of advertisement if you are selling your handmade cards.
2. Contact Information: If you are open to receiving custom orders or inquiries about your handmade cards, including your contact information is essential. You can include your email address, social media handles, or even a website if you have one.
3. Date: Adding the date when the card was made can be a nice touch, especially if you are making cards for special occasions or events. It adds a personal and sentimental element to the card.
4. Materials Used: If you used special materials or techniques to create the card, you can mention them on the back. This can be helpful for those who are interested in learning more about your creative process or for fellow crafters who may want to try out similar techniques.
5. Handwritten Message: Consider adding a short handwritten message on the back of the card. It can be a simple thank you note or a heartfelt message to the recipient. This personal touch adds an extra level of thoughtfulness to your handmade card.
What Information Goes on the Back of a Greeting Card?
When it comes to greeting cards, whether they are store-bought or handmade, the back of the card typically includes some standard information. Here are the common elements you can include on the back of a greeting card:
1. Company Logo or Name: If the card is from a specific brand or company, their logo or name is usually printed on the back. This helps identify the source of the card and can be useful if the recipient wants to purchase more cards from the same brand.
2. Copyright Information: Some greeting cards include copyright information on the back, especially if they feature original artwork or designs. This protects the creator’s rights and prevents unauthorized reproduction.
3. Greeting Card Number or SKU: In some cases, greeting cards may have a specific number or SKU (stock keeping unit) printed on the back. This is useful for retailers or customers who want to reorder a specific card design.
4. Barcode: If the greeting card is sold in retail stores, it may have a barcode on the back for easy scanning during the checkout process. This barcode contains information about the card’s price and other details.
5. Recycled or Eco-Friendly Labels: Many greeting card companies nowadays prioritize sustainability and eco-friendliness. They may include labels or symbols on the back of the card to indicate that it is made from recycled materials or produced using environmentally friendly practices.
Remember, the information you put on the back of your handmade or homemade cards can vary depending on your preferences and the purpose of the card. Feel free to get creative and add personal touches that reflect your style and brand.
How to decorate a homemade card?
Decorating a homemade card is a fun and creative way to add a personal touch to your greetings. Here are some ideas on how to decorate a homemade card:
- Use colorful markers or pens to draw or write messages on the card.
- Add stickers or die-cut shapes to create interest and dimension.
- Use rubber stamps and ink to create patterns or images on the card.
- Try embossing techniques to add texture and shine to your card.
- Use washi tape or ribbon to create borders or accents.
- Add glitter or sequins for a touch of sparkle.
- Experiment with different paper textures and patterns.
- Consider using cut-out photos or magazine images to create a collage effect.
- Don’t forget to personalize the card with your own handwriting or a special message.
How much should you charge for a handmade card?
Determining the right price for a handmade card can be a bit tricky, as it depends on various factors such as the cost of materials, the time and effort put into making the card, and the market demand. Here are some tips to help you decide how much to charge for a handmade card:
- Calculate the cost of materials used, including paper, embellishments, and envelopes.
- Consider the time it takes to make each card, including designing, cutting, and assembling.
- Factor in any additional costs such as packaging or shipping.
- Research the market to see what similar handmade cards are selling for.
- Consider your target audience and their willingness to pay for handmade products.
- Take into account any unique or special features of your cards that may justify a higher price.
- Don’t undervalue your work, but also be mindful of pricing yourself out of the market.
- Regularly review and adjust your prices based on feedback and sales.
What is the best adhesive for handmade cards?
Choosing the right adhesive for handmade cards is essential to ensure that your creations stay intact and look professional. Here are some popular options for adhesives:
- Double-sided tape: This is a versatile and easy-to-use adhesive that is great for attaching paper and lightweight embellishments.
- Glue sticks: Glue sticks are convenient and mess-free, making them ideal for attaching paper and cardstock.
- Liquid glue: Liquid glue provides a strong bond and is suitable for attaching heavier embellishments such as buttons or beads.
- Glue dots: Glue dots are small adhesive dots that are perfect for attaching small embellishments or securing ribbon.
- Adhesive foam squares: Foam squares add dimension to your cards and are great for attaching elements that need to pop.
- Hot glue gun: A hot glue gun is a powerful adhesive that is best for attaching heavier or three-dimensional embellishments.
How do you wrap a handmade card?
Wrapping a handmade card adds an extra touch of thoughtfulness and care. Here’s a simple guide on how to wrap a handmade card:
- Choose a wrapping paper or gift bag that complements the design and theme of your card.
- Place the card in an envelope to protect it from any damage or smudging.
- If using wrapping paper, lay it flat on a clean surface and place the card in the center.
- Fold the sides of the wrapping paper over the card, ensuring a snug fit.
- Tape the edges of the wrapping paper to secure it in place.
- If using a gift bag, gently slide the card into the bag.
- Add tissue paper or shredded paper to cushion the card and create a visually appealing presentation.
- Close the gift bag or fold the wrapping paper neatly.
- Consider adding a decorative ribbon or bow for an extra special touch.
- Attach a gift tag or write a personalized message on the wrapping paper or gift bag.
What is the best paper for homemade greeting cards?
When it comes to homemade greeting cards, the choice of paper is crucial in determining the overall quality and appearance of the card. The best paper for homemade greeting cards is typically a heavyweight cardstock. This type of paper is thicker and sturdier than regular printer paper, making it ideal for creating durable and professional-looking cards. Cardstock comes in a variety of colors and finishes, allowing you to choose the perfect option for your specific design and theme. It is important to select a paper that is compatible with your printer if you plan on printing designs or text onto the cardstock.
How do you keep new cards from sticking together?
To prevent new cards from sticking together, there are a few simple steps you can take. Firstly, it is important to ensure that the cards are completely dry before stacking or storing them. If the cards are still slightly damp, they may stick together due to moisture. Additionally, you can insert a small piece of tissue paper or wax paper between each card to create a barrier and prevent them from sticking together. This will also help to protect any embellishments or decorations on the cards. Finally, storing the cards in a cool and dry place will minimize the chances of them sticking together.
What paper is best for homemade cards?
The best paper for homemade cards depends on the specific design and purpose of the card. However, cardstock is generally considered to be the top choice for homemade cards. Cardstock is a heavy and durable paper that provides a sturdy base for various crafting techniques, such as stamping, embossing, and layering. It is available in different weights and finishes, allowing you to choose the perfect option for your project. Additionally, cardstock is compatible with most printers, making it easy to print designs or text onto the paper. Overall, cardstock offers the best combination of quality, versatility, and durability for homemade cards.
What kind of paper do you use for card inserts?
When it comes to card inserts, a lightweight and smooth paper is typically used. This type of paper allows for easy writing and ensures that the insert does not add bulk or weight to the card. A popular choice for card inserts is a smooth and uncoated paper, such as regular printer paper or lightweight cardstock. These papers provide a clean and professional look while allowing the recipient to easily write or read the message inside the card. It is important to choose a paper that is compatible with your printer if you plan on printing the inserts.
Choosing the right paper for homemade greeting cards is essential for creating high-quality and visually appealing cards. Heavyweight cardstock is generally considered the best option for the main card, providing durability and a professional look. To prevent new cards from sticking together, ensure they are fully dry and use tissue paper or wax paper as a barrier. For card inserts, lightweight and smooth papers like printer paper or lightweight cardstock are commonly used. By selecting the appropriate paper for each component of the card, you can create stunning homemade greetings that will impress recipients.